There are many different ways a real estate agent can leverage LinkedIn to grow their business. Outlined below are just some of them:
- If you have a new lead or prospect, find out if they have a profile on LinkedIn. If they do, this can be an excellent source for finding out more about the individual and how you should approach them. For example, if they have an MBA and work in banking, you would approach them much differently than if they were a dentist. You can also see if you have any mutual friends whom you can leverage to position yourself better with the prospect.
- Stay top of mind with your network through the updates feed by being active on LinkedIn
- See who your network knows and connect with them, or request an introduction
- Use the internal messaging system to connect with your network. Sometimes emails get lost, but often when a direct message comes through from one of your social networks, you pay attention.
- Get recommendations through the recommendation feature. This is a great way to build up testimonials and since it is all done through LinkedIn, these sources are perceived as having greater authenticity.
- Answer ‘LinkedIn questions’ to demonstrate your subject matter expertise.
- Engage with others in groups. If there is a discussion going on to which you can add value, then jump in. This is especially effective if during the conversations you can include a relevant link to an article on your website or a post on your blog.
- Update your status regularly. When you do this, you show up in your networks update stream. It’s a great way to stay top of mind in a nonintrusive manner.
- Prospects can review your profile to see your business history and if you have any contacts in common. Great credibility builder, especially if you also have a number of positive recommendations.